Thursday, March 13, 2008

Lawyer Jokes: Check for $ 100,000

A very rich man, who was very close to his money, got together with his closest friends one day, who happened to be a Priest, a Doctor, and a Lawyer (of course.)
The Rich Man was very old, and getting older, and was thinking about his approaching death. He told his three friends this, and asked them to do a favor for him when he died.
"Here are three envelopes, each contain $100,000, one for each of you. I don't wish to go to the afterlife without my money. Please, when I am buried, would each of you throw your envelopes
into the grave on top of my coffin?"
The three friends agreed, and took the envelopes. Sure enough (of course) the Rich Man died. At his funeral, the Doctor, the Priest and the Lawyer threw their envelopes on his coffin.
As they were leaving the funeral, the Priest said to the others, "I have a confession to make. The church needed a new altar badly, so I . . . I took $5000 to buy it," and looked at his feet.
The Doctor said, "Well, since you've admitted it, I too must confess that I took money. The children's hospital where I work needed a new, expensive X-ray machine, so I took $30,000 to buy
it."
The Doctor and the Priest both turned to the lawyer, expecting a similar confession. Instead, he said "Oh, no, I deposited the money in my account and dropped a check for all $100,000 in the envelope!"

0 komentar: